Thursday, August 2, 2012

Time for a Check Up!

With the 4H fair approaching at a frightful pace, it was time to take my little boys to the vet. What an enjoyable and exciting experience, right? Two dogs at the vet, couldn't be too bad. Surprisingly, it wasn't.
My blue heeler had the joy of going first. The big baby couldn't handle a needle, though I don't blame him. I'm terrified of needles also. He yelped and snapped at the vet, causing my brother to have to hold his head. He refused to eat any of the treats that the vet gave him and was rather distraught after he got off the exam table. But everything came up clear and he got all his needed vaccinations to enjoy next weekend at the fair!
Sparkie was such a tolerable little boy when it came to the vet check up! He let me pet him and talk to him and was extremely cooperative. It might have had something to do with the fact he got to eat all of the treats that Blew did not. I was very proud of my little boy for doing so well with the vet, despite the fact Sparkie is not the vet's favorite patient, always getting a remark that he is "overweight." Today, to my surprise the vet did not say a word about Sparkie's weight. We had to check how his seasonal allergies are doing. Sparkie gets very watery eyes come spring and summer and his skin gets rather itchy. But all is well. He will be off doing what he loves; showing off at the 4H fair next weekend!
~Ella

No comments:

Post a Comment